Monologue in a Hospital Bedroom

anavicenteferreira
Edição Limitada

Monologue in a Hospital Bedroom

Postby anavicenteferreira » 01 Jan 2006 21:07

This is not a story. This is an act of contrition. This is a plea for atonement. A plea to myself.
I’m sitting in a hospital chair, by a hospital bed, in a hospital room. She’s lying in that bed and I’m sitting here, knowing that I’ve killed her.
They tell me she’s not dead, she’s merely in a coma from which she may still recover. And still I know I’ve killed her – I’ve killed something in her.
Because I wouldn’t listen. To her. To others.
She was just some girl, just some normal girl. They were expecting me to marry an actress, or at least someone in the business – a writer, a singer – someone exceptional.
But she was exceptional. Here, she was the exception. I realized as much. I guess he did too.
When the letters first started to arrive, followed by the flowers and the phone calls, I was both amused and flattered. Every day I get a bag full of fan mail. Was it so strange that my wife – for being my wife – had now a fan of her own?
What if he told her I didn’t deserver her and he would be so much better for her? How many girls had written to me saying she didn’t deserve me and they would be so much better for me?
Tomorrow, I’ll get a bag full of letters from grieving fans. How well they understand my pain!
Some nights, I’d get home and she’d curl onto my lap crying, because of one more letter, one more bouquet of flowers, one more message in the answering machine. And I’d kiss and caress her and treat her fears as childish fright.
Friends told me of kidnapping and people trespassing. Of murder. I didn’t listen.
Tomorrow friends will come, with flowers for her and the words I’m sure everything will turn out fine for me. Would I feel any better if the words were I told you so?
One night I got home and there were no tears or her arms around my neck. Just a few drops of blood and a door left ajar.
He felt she needed to be protected from me. Some part of me agrees with him. They found him and he decided there was only one thing he could do.
He’s dead now, and they tell me she isn’t.
Tomorrow, if she opens her eyes and looks at me, I’ll know for sure whether or not she’s dead to me – my wife, I mean.
Ana

anavicenteferreira
Edição Limitada

Re: Monologue in a Hospital Bedroom

Postby anavicenteferreira » 01 Jan 2006 21:07

Andei a fazer uma limpeza ao computador e descobri isto: também foi escrito num Janeiro de há uns anos atrás.
Ana

Samwise
Realizador

Postby Samwise » 05 Jan 2006 18:29

Ana,

Mesmo com alguns anos às costas, aqui está mais um belo texto ao teu estilo.

É misterioso (vamos acompanhando a estória com interesse e curiosidade crescentes), inquietante e um bocadito pessimista.

I like it!

Sam
Guido: "A felicidade consiste em conseguir dizer a verdade sem magoar ninguém." -

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem?

My taste is only personal, but it's all I have. - Roger Ebert

- Monturo Fotográfico - Câmara Subjectiva -

anavicenteferreira
Edição Limitada

Postby anavicenteferreira » 07 Jan 2006 00:08

Eu também gosto muito desta história: tanto que até ando com umas ideias para a trasformar em qualquer coisa de mais substancial.
Ana

ApoK
Enciclopédia

Postby ApoK » 07 Jan 2006 00:26

Vocês perdoem-me, é complicado dizer-se que se gosta de um texto não sabendo ao certo se se entendeu o conteúdo do mesmo. Pois bem, it happens to be my case...

De uma forma muito minimalista, temos aqui um "casal" que se vê "separado" devido à loucura extrema de um suposto fã da senhora desse tal casal, fã esse que acabou por se suicidar.

Is this it? Aside from every other reflections and/or self-evaluation subjects that may be veiled within the rest of the text, did I get it correctly?

I feel stupid and embarrassed...
<b>"Deixem-me ouvir, uma vez mais, esses sons que foram, durante tanto tempo, a minha consolação e alegria."</b><br />W. A. Mozart - December 5th, 1791

anavicenteferreira
Edição Limitada

Postby anavicenteferreira » 07 Jan 2006 10:21

basicamente é isso, mais ou menos...
Ana

anavicenteferreira
Edição Limitada

Postby anavicenteferreira » 25 May 2006 22:31

Falta sim - é o problema de revermos os nossos próprios textos, lemos o que lá devia estar e não o que está.
Ana

Return to “anavicenteferreira”