Edição Limitada

POTC: The Black Fox

Postby anavicenteferreira » 08 Sep 2006 23:00

Title: The Black Fox – Chapter 1
Author: Ana Vicente Ferreira
Category: Pirates of The Caribbean
Work Type: adventure, romance
Rating: PG-13
Characters: Will Turner, Jack Sparrow, Elizabeth Swan; Chen and his crew (OC), Morgan Bonsaint (OFC), the crew of the Sea Goat (OC)
Warnings: some implied animal violence
Brief Summary: Will Turner finds himself in a tight spot

“Just a little sail to Tortuga,” Jack had said. “Show the girl a bit more of this world before the two of you settle down. It’ll take us two weeks at the most.” And those few words had gotten them here: seven months later, in the China Sea, with Will about to see the last of this world.

They had been captured by Chinese traders – that was they called themselves, Will would call them a whole set of different things, if his mouth wasn’t gagged. The captain, Chen, had decided Elizabeth would bring in good money at a local slave market, and he had a bone to pick with Jack Sparrow, so both of them were now shackled to the main mast. Will, on the other hand, had been deemed unnecessary and, therefore, a likely source of amusement. Which was why, for the last half an hour, as far as he could judge, he had been hanging by his ankles over shark-infested waters, while Chen’s crew used a pulley to lower him into the sea, lifting him up again as soon as some shark tried to take a bite out of him, or when he seemed just about to drown.

Now, however, they were growing tired of the game, and Will found some relief in thinking that the end might be near. He was wet from the knees up, and the brisk wind that had risen at midday, cut though his clothes like knives of ice. The pain in his ankles was becoming unbearable, he felt faint with all the blood rushing to his head, and the repeated dunking had turned his stomach into a knotted ball of thorns. The only thing that pained him now about his impeding death was that Elizabeth should be forced to witness it.

Finally, he heard Chen utter some command he didn’t understand, and the men that were holding him up lowered him once more, much faster this time. He hit the water with a large splash, barely having time to hold his breath. He tried to reach the surface for air, but the bindings around his wrists and ankles didn’t give him the necessary freedom of movements. His lungs burnt with the effort of holding in the last shreds of air. His gag had come loose in the water. Soon, he wouldn’t be able to keep himself from breathing in, and the sea would invade him.

Will was feeling so dizzy, that when he first saw the woman, he thought she was a hallucination. She cut the rope that still tied him to the ship. He smiled thankfully and, in his daze, tried to say thank you, but she clamped her mouth over his, pushing air into his lungs, keeping the sea out, as she lead him to the surface.

As she used a dagger to cut the rope binding his wrists, Will realized they were leaning against the ship’s hull, under the shade of its protruding stern. He could hear the men jabbering above him, while he took in deep breaths of cool sea air, and his head began to clear. The commotion above seemed to be increasing. The men had pulled the rope back up and found that he was missing.

He heard the first mate, one of the few men in Chen’s crew that wasn’t Chinese, say:

“Look around, boys, look around, see if our pretty boy surfaces somewhere.”

The sound of boots thumping across the deck, as men took watching positions all around the ship, echoed down to Will and his rescuer. As long as they remained where they were, the poop would keep them hidden from the prying eyes above, but that meant they were trapped, and Will found it increasingly hard to stay afloat.

The woman turned to him, signalled him to stay where he was, and dove once more. A red blotch flourished in the water near the bow of the ship. Once more the first mate’s voice was heard, saying with pleasure, as the waters became agitated:

“Never mind, boys, the sharks got him, now. Oh, they sure got him.”

Elizabeth started screaming his name, and that disturbed Will so that he swam forward, ready to show himself, and ease her pain. The woman resurfaced in front of him, stopping him.

“Come,” she said. “While they’re busy enjoying the show.”

With a final look at the ship, he swam out to sea, following her, wondering where they were headed. She was swimming towards one of the strange islands that dotted the bay where Chen’s ship was anchored like fingers on the hands of submersed giants.

When they reached the stony island, Will discovered that a ship was hiding behind it. The woman was already climbing the rope ladder that had been lowered to the sea, but Will couldn’t take his wondering eyes off the ship’s prow. The figurehead was an immense goat with long, curled horns and a fish’s tail for hindquarters. A man was sitting between the goat’s horns, watching Chen’s ship though a periscope, and the idea of what was happening in Chen’s ship brought Will back to reality.

He climbed the ladder with renewed energy, and addressed his rescuers:

“What did you do back there?”

“Stabbed one of the sharks. The others came rushing in.”

“They think I’m dead, Elizabeth thinks I’m dead.”

She looked towards Chen’s ship; its sails were barely visible from where they were standing.

“If I know Chen, she’ll soon be someone else’s property; best that she thinks you dead.” She turned to one of the men that had helped Will aboard. “Get him some dry clothes, and send some food to my cabin.”

“Aye, Captain Bonsaint,” the man answered, as she turned her back on them.

“Wait,” Will called. “You have to help me rescue her.”

“Have I?” She smiled. “Tell me, was that Jack Sparrow I saw with you and that girl of yours?”

Will hesitated. She knew Jack, but he wasn’t sure whether or not that was a good thing. He probed her face, but her smile was set on stone. He decided to risk honesty.

“Yes, that was Jack.”

Once again, she turned her back on him and walked towards the stern.

“Then, I’m sorry about your girl.”

END OF CHAPTER 1
Ana

Thanatos
Edição Única

Re: POTC: The Black Fox

Postby Thanatos » 09 Sep 2006 08:13

Gostei mas soube a pouco. Ainda vamos ler o resto?
Não importa como, não importa quando, não importa onde, a culpa será sempre do T!

-- um membro qualquer do BBdE!

anavicenteferreira
Edição Limitada

Postby anavicenteferreira » 09 Sep 2006 09:23

Já existem quatro capítulos escritos e tenho planos de os ir pondo aqui. Também já há planos para mais quatro capítulos e mais duas histórias que são a continuação desta. Parece-te suficiente?

Title: The Black Fox – Chapter 2
Characters: Will Turner; Morgan Bonsaint (OFC), Peter “Ash” Ashby (OMC), the crew of the Sea Goat (OC), Marie Bonsaint (OFC)
Brief Summary: Will must convince his rescuer to help him save Elizabeth and Jack from Chen

Will followed the man into the bowels of the ship. His name was Peter Ashby, and he told Will, as he tapped his pipe empty against a railing, to call him Ash like everyone else. He was the first mate, and had served under the orders of Morgan Bonsaint since they had left the Caribbean, some ten years before.

“She was just a lass, back then; barely seventeen, I’d say, though I’d never presume to ask.” He measured Will through half-closed eyes, and started pulling well-worn clothes out of a trunk. “We were out to sea for less than week, when mutiny broke out. They’d thought she’d be easy to take, being so young, and all. And they said a woman aboard was bad luck.”

He chuckled as he handed Will a pile of clothes, and said. “Oh, she was bad luck for them, alright, may they burn in hell, the whole treacherous lot.”

Ash took his time filling up his pipe and lighting it. He took a long drag out of it, then blew a ring of smoke into the air with a satisfied smile.

“People around these parts call her the Black Fox because of some Japanese demon or other. Always thought it suited her.”

Will buckled his belt. The clothes were old, but well kept and comfortable.

“Why are you telling me all this?” he asked the older man.

“Thought you should know what you’re up against.” Ash started climbing back up to the deck. “You got that look about you of someone who’s going to do something stupid. Something like pressing the captain about the whole rescuing Jack Sparrow business.”

“What does she have against Jack?”

“Don’t know. Never asked. Picked up pretty soon that she disliked having the subject brought up. And I know what’s best for me.” He paused and pointed at a door. “That’s her cabin yonder; knock before you go in, looks like her mother’s in there, and I don’t think you’re ready to meet Marie just yet.”

And he walked away, laughing like he’d just made the funniest joke ever heard. Will took his time walking to Morgan’s door. He had to find a way to make her help him. She was his only chance of rescuing Elizabeth. And Jack, too, even if this was all his fault. The Black Pearl had been left in Singapore for some repairs, but Jack had insisted on taking a smaller vessel here; he kept saying they had to reach Macao before the full moon, but never explained why.

He wondered what Jack had done to this woman, to make her hate him so. Matters of the heart, probably: Jack certainly seemed to follow the old “love in every port” rule, and Morgan Bonsaint didn’t look like the sort of woman that’d take abandonment lightly. And still, something told him that it might not be as simple as that.

He paused by the door, hand ready to knock, and realised there was a fierce argument going on inside. The sturdy door had glass panes on its upper half, but it was thick rough glass, and he could see nothing but shadows: Morgan’s darker, smaller shape, walking back and forth as she ranted on and another form that seemed unusually tall and bright. A bit ashamed of himself, he leaned closer to the door.

“I don’t care, mother,” Morgan was yelling. “They can chop up Jack and throw him to the sharks, they can draw and quarter him, they can keelhaul him too, I’d be cheering right along.”

The other woman replied quietly in a voice that made Will’s stomach quiver. There was a sound as if Morgan had banged her fist against something. “I won’t change my mind. Now leave!”

A cold wind blew through the corridor, freezing Will to the very depths of his soul, and making the door fly open. Morgan was sitting on a console by the window, peeling a tangerine. Will looked around: her mother was nowhere to be seen, and there were no other visible entrances to the cabin.

Morgan watched him, her head lowered and her lips pursed, in a look of puckish amusement that startled him.

“Have we met?” he asked.

It was her turn to look startled. She tossed the tangerine peel out the window and said, “I took the Sea Goat back to Port Royal a few years back. I purchased some swords and daggers from you, I’m surprised you should remember, Mr. Turner.”

Will wasn’t sure he did. He looked at the woman more carefully. She was wearing simple men’s clothes that looked as old and worn as the ones he’d been given. Her dark hair was loose over her shoulders and her brown eyes had curious star-shaped blotches of a lighter brown around the pupils. It was the sight of those bright golden eyes that sparked the memory.

“You had a yellow dress on, and your hair was tied up,” he said. “I found it strange that such a lady should have need for so many weapons.”

She laughed. “A pirate needs to be careful around Port Royal, Mr. Turner. Is good old Norrington still bent on hanging every pirate, corsair and buccaneer in the Caribbean?”

“He’s had other things in his mind lately.” He drew nearer and stared deeply into her eyes. “And call me Will.”

Her face bloomed once more into that puckish smile, as she said. “Very well, Will, and you may call me Morgan, but don’t try to seduce me into helping you go after Chen. You’re not very good at it.”

He felt his face become flushed, and cursed himself. “And still,” he said, “you remember me from all those years back.”

She offered him a piece of tangerine. “I said you weren’t a good seducer, Will, I never said you weren’t charming, they’re quite different things. Most of all, you are a magnificent artisan.” She pulled a sword from the scabbard hung on the back of a chair, and handed it to him. “I couldn’t possibly forget a man capable of making something as fine as this.”

Will took the sword and swung it around a few times. “I remember this one well, one of the finest I’ve ever made.” He swung it once more so that the blade stopped less than an inch away from her neck. “You’ve kept it sharp. Can we discuss rescuing Elizabeth and Jack now?”

Morgan was still smiling and Will realised that all she had to do was scream and the cabin would be filled with her crewmen. Still, she didn’t seem inclined to call for help.

“You don’t remember that sword all that well, Will,” she said, kicking the console behind her, and catching a sword that fell from a compartment in the ceiling. In a fast movement she, in turn, set the tip of her sword against his neck. “Or you would remember that it’s part of a set.”

END OF CHAPTER 2
Ana

Thanatos
Edição Única

Postby Thanatos » 09 Sep 2006 10:22

anavicenteferreira wrote:Já existem quatro capítulos escritos e tenho planos de os ir pondo aqui. Também já há planos para mais quatro capítulos e mais duas histórias que são a continuação desta. Parece-te suficiente?

Of course it does! :smile:

BTW, loved the way things are turning out. Only gripe I have is that Ash didn't much «sound» like a pirate to me. I guess his dialogue is way to polished to give him character. But that's me :wink:

Oooops, this english thing seems to catch!
Não importa como, não importa quando, não importa onde, a culpa será sempre do T!

anavicenteferreira
Edição Limitada

Postby anavicenteferreira » 09 Sep 2006 11:20

Title: The Black Fox – Chapter 3
Characters: Will Turner; Morgan Bonsaint (OFC), Peter “Ash” Ashby (OMC), the crew of the Sea Goat (OC), Marie Bonsaint (OFC)
Brief Summary: Will Turner and Morgan Bonsaint settle the question of whether or not they’ll go to Jack and Elizabeth’s aid.
Warning: Some sexual tension, nothing major
Note: Chen (aside from being a family name) means goose (or geese?) in Chinese.

Morgan took a step back and crossed swords with him. “I’ll make you a deal, William Turner: if you can defeat me in a duel, I’ll go with you to rescue this Elizabeth girl.”

Will lowered his sword slightly and his feet assumed the proper triangular stand. “And if you win?”

“You’ll sail with us for a year.” She looked him up and down, with a smile that made Will blush once again. “There’s always place in a pirate ship for a good craftsman.”

Will tried to reason it: he was good with a sword, and, from what he had seen in the last few minutes, so was she. As far as he could assess their respective weaknesses and advantages, the odds were well balanced.

“Well then, “ she said, “will you take my challenge, or are you going to stand there staring at me until Kingdom come?”

“Doesn’t seem like I’ll have a choice, if I want to rescue Elizabeth.”

She took a step forward. “And do you?”

He frowned at the gall of the woman. “Of course I do!” What did she know of Elizabeth and him?

Will raised his sword in a salute, but she was already attacking, barely giving him time to defend himself against her strike. She laughed at his offended look and said, “ This is a pirate ship. Here, we fight the pirate’s way: you take your luck as it comes.”

They fenced around the cabin, striking and parrying in turns. Will moderated his attack, after all, this was a lady; and was confused to find that she was holding back too, as if testing him. He made a brash strike that should’ve disarmed her easily, but she simply stepped aside, not even parrying the blow, which caused him to loose his balance and make a large fruit bowl come smashing down on the floor. Tangerines and grapes rolled everywhere.

Morgan smacked him on the bottom with the flat of her sword. “Come now, Mr. Turner. I called for a duel, not a fencing lesson. If you continue like this, your Elizabeth will have died of old age by the time we’re finished.”

He attacked with newfound fierceness. Caught off-guard, she stepped back to parry his coup, stepped on some grapes, and slipped. Will took advantage of her temporary loss of balance and charged forward, in a new attempt to overcome her, but she simply tumbled towards the door and landed on one knee, sword at the ready, waiting for his next move.

She did look like a fox now, crouching there; her body at once flexible and wound tight, ready to strike. Her golden eyes were fixed on him, and once again she had that impish smile on her face that, along with her thin aristocratic nose and her high cheekbones, made her expression look even more vulpine. The late afternoon light coming in through the window shone directly on her, imbuing her with an eerie powdery glow; and, if asked, he would’ve had trouble saying whether she resembled an angel or a demon.

He paused a moment, taking her in, regaining his breath. Then, seeing that she wasn’t moving, he bore down on her, sword stretched in front of him. She sprung up and blocked his attack. They stood there, swords crossed, leaning towards each other, their faces mere inches apart.

He could smell the tangerine in her breath and feel the roundness of her breast against his arm. Her face moved closer and her tongue flickered, barely touching his upper lip, but he felt like she had ripped his chest open, pulled out his soul and tossed it back inside, all crumpled and torn.

She pulled back, leaving him where stood, stunned. She looked amused, and that turned the burning inside him into anger. They began fighting again, with even more fervour. Will vaguely noticed Ash opening the door, and thought that the crew would soon come to Morgan’s aid. Still, Ash just smiled and stood aside as they fenced by and onto the deck.

The crew had gathered on deck, and from their nonchalant stance, Will could tell this wasn’t the first time they seen Morgan fight someone. He wondered, the anger rising inside him once more, if she always fought this same way.

There was someone else on deck now. She had just risen through the deck boards, and Will realised he could see through her. She was floating a couple of feet above the deck, which made her look unusually tall. He knew immediately who that must be.

“Is that your mother?” he asked Morgan, the anger fading before his surprise. “She’s dead?”

“Reluctantly so, yes,” she said, not missing a stroke. “You don’t seem too shocked.”

Will laughed. “I’ll have to tell you about my father someday.”

Marie approached them, and gazed at Will. “I like this one, cheri. He’s pretty.”

Morgan replied to her in Creole, without taking her eyes off Will. Marie rose a bit in the air and said briskly, “Is that any way to talk to your dead mother?”

“I shouldn’t have to talk to my dead mother at all. As I understand it that’s the benefit of having dead relatives.”

Will had taken advantage of the distraction Marie was providing to push Morgan against the ship’s bulwark, and she was now having trouble fending off his blows. All the time Marie kept floating around her, giving her motherly advice.

“Mother! Stop trying to make me lose!”

“You need to lose sometimes, cheri, you’re already too proud. And he’s not a bad one to lose to.”

To escape Will's attack, Morgan got onto the railing and started climbing the rigging.

“Look at you, climbing like a monkey. What will Mr. Turner think?” She drifted down to Will, who had started to climb after Morgan. “ I raised her like a princess and this is how she chooses to act like! It’s the mové san of her papa.”

“You leave father out of this,” Morgan said, standing on the yard and leaning against the mast as she waited for Will to join her. “And don’t worry about Mr. Turner. He’s a friend of Jack; I’m sure he’s seen women doing far worse than climbing a ship’s rigging.”

Will stood on the yard facing her. “You really hate Jack, don’t you? Why?”

“That would be none of your business Mr. Turner.”

“Oh, sa,” Marie started, “You see, Jack is-“

“Mother, I said it was no business of his.” And she swished her sword through Marie’s immaterial body.

Marie disappeared in an indignant huff. Morgan meanwhile had lost her balance with the broad gesture. Will raced forward and managed to wrap one arm around the cordage and another around her waist, keeping her from falling. They watched as her sword clattered on the deck, many feet below them.

Morgan stared at him. “I am unarmed now, I suppose that means you win. Unfair a victory as it was.”

Will smiled and said, “Here, we fight the pirate’s way: you take your luck as it comes.”

She laughed, and released herself from his embrace. She looked at the men assembled on deck and yelled, “Boys, looks like we’re going to hunt Mr. Turner here a fat goose!”

END OF CHAPTER 3
Ana

Thanatos
Edição Única

Postby Thanatos » 09 Sep 2006 14:03

Uma das minhas partes favoritas: "I shouldn’t have to talk to my dead mother at all. As I understand it that’s the benefit of having dead relatives.”

Muito bom, mesmo. Thumbs up! :thumbsup:

anavicenteferreira
Edição Limitada

Postby anavicenteferreira » 09 Sep 2006 14:50

Title: The Black Fox – Chapter 4
Characters: Jack Sparrow, Elizabeth Swan; Chen (OMC), various crewmembers of the Eastern Jewel (OC)
Brief Summary: Elizabeth tries to come to terms with Will’s death

She had screamed and screamed; eyes shut tight, and hoped that she would soon wake up in her own bed, in her cabin aboard the Black Pearl, still screaming, from a terrible dream. And then Will and Jack would come rushing in and tell her to go back to sleep for all was well.

She had stopped screaming when her throat would take no more, and had opened her eyes only to find that she was still aboard the Eastern Jewel and that only Jack was by her side, but he could not tell her that all was well, for that would’ve been a lie too brash even for Jack.

Chen’s men had led them down to the brig, once they were satisfied that the sharks had done away with what remained of Will. She watched them lock the door of the pen, and then leaned against the bars, wishing she could just cry.

Jack came closer, she could feel him hovering just behind her, but she didn’t turn. She didn’t want to look at him for fear of finding out that he wasn’t as upset as she thought he should be. Finally, he laid a hand upon her shoulder, but she shrugged it off.

“I was only trying to help,” he said. “Be a good friend, one could say.”

She turned to him.

“Can you bring him back?” She walked right up to him. “Can you bring Will back?”

“I’ve done stranger things in my day,” he said, smiling and putting his hand around her waist. Elizabeth scowled and he raised both hands in appeasement. “But, no; I’d have to say I probably cannot bring him back.

“Although,” he added, with a smirk, “there is this ceremony – Tia Alma used to be quite good at it – where you’d go and … Oh, no, wait, that’d never do. You actually need a whole-“

He caught the look in her eyes and said, “I think I’ll be quiet now. For the best, I’d say.”

“Finally, something we agree on.” Elizabeth walked to the corner of the cell, and sat down against the wall, facing away from him.

She hated him. This was his entire fault; this voyage had been his idea. If they had stayed in Port Royal, she and Will would be married by now; settled, happy, safe.

Bored, a little voice whispered inside her head, sounding so much like Jack’s voice that she turned around to see if he had approached without her noticing it, but he was still leaning against the bars, watching her.

The truth was, the little voice continued inside her mind, that she’d been eager to take on Jack’s proposal. She loved Will; she wanted to spend the rest of her life with him. Still, the idea of settling down in Port Royal, of raising children, while Will made swords; of never facing pirates or monsters or ghost again, except in her dreams… It daunted her.

She had jumped at the chance of one more adventure, just one more, before she could commit to a life where a burnt dinner could be the most excitement she could expect. And now Will was dead, and who knew what would be of Jack and her.

“We need to get out of here,” Jack said by her ear, startling her. “I have heard of Chen. Often. He is not a nice person.”

Elizabeth just stared at him.

“But I imagine you got that from the whole unpleasantness with Will and the sharks and the rope…” He recoiled a little. “I know, I know. Quiet.”

He leaned back against the wall.

“Still, Will is dead, rest his soul, and we’re not. Yet. So…”

Jack was interrupted by the sound of a trapdoor opening on the far end of the hold. Chen descended the stairs with incredible lightness for someone who was the size and shape of a dugong. He was closely followed by his first mate.

“Captain Sparrow,” Chen said. “I must apologise for the accommodations, but I would not want you to try and leave our company too soon.”

Elizabeth pressed her face against the bars. “Why don’t you just kill us and get it over with, you sick-“

Jack clamped a hand over her mouth, and pulled her away from the bars while he addressed Chen, himself. “Ignore the wench. No killings necessary. I imagine we’ll be able to reach an agreement. As gentlemen of the world that we both are.”

“I’m sure we will, Captain Sparrow. All I need is for you to tell me about the object you were going to Macao to find.”

“Object?” Jack put a finger to his lips. “No specific object; that I recall. I was going to Macao to acquire some pearls. Great demand for pearls in the Caribbean, you know. People can’t have enough of them.”

Chen laughed. It was a hollow sound, more like the wind blowing through a cave than the breath of any human chest.

“Pearls, indeed. Pearls.”

And he laughed again, before saying. “Do not play with me Captain Sparrow. I know who you are. I know who are your father, and your father’s father. You see, your family is not the only one that’s spent generations searching for this particular item.”

“He knows you?” Elizabeth stepped up to Jack. “He knows you? We weren’t picked up by accident. He was looking for us, for you!”

She started pounding at his chest , her fists clenched. “Will’s dead and it’s all your fault. It’s all your fault!”

Jack grabbed her arms and kept her at a distance so she started trying to kick him. “I will kill you for this Jack Sparrow. I swear I’ll kill you.”

“Mr. Theodore,” Chen said, “please, get the girl moved to another cell. We wouldn’t want anything to happen to our Captain Jack.”

He pulled out a gun and, smiling, aimed it at Jack while Theodore dragged Elizabeth away from him. “At least until he tells us what he knows.”

Jack tilted his head and said, “Well, that’s not much of an incentive for me to say anything, is it?”

Chen locked his cell door, and stared at him, the smile gone. “Oh, incentive? It is incentive you need? I’m sure that, once we’ve reached my island, I’ll be able to provide you with all the incentive you may ever need.”

END CHAPTER 4
____

Este é o último dos que já estão escritos, ando a tratar do quinto, mas devagarinho, porque tenho outros projectos "mais sérios" entre mãos.
Ana

anavicenteferreira
Edição Limitada

Postby anavicenteferreira » 28 Sep 2006 17:35

Demorou, mas cá está o capítulo 5:

Title: The Black Fox – Chapter 5
Characters: Will Turner; Morgan Bonsaint (OFC), Ash (OMC), Sea Goat’s crew (OC)
Warnings: some sexual innuendo, nothing major (sorry!)
Brief Summary: Morgan has a plan to rescue Jack and Elizabeth

Her skin was like warm silk under his fingers. Her breath still smelled of tangerines and the hair in which he now buried his face carried the saltiness of the sea breeze. He bent over to kiss the almost translucent skin over her collarbone. She trembled. Will smiled, but his smile slowly faded as he realized that the whole ship was shaking.

Someone called his name. Over and over again… Elizabeth?

Will opened his eyes: Ash was shaking him awake, a broad smile on his face.

“Slept well?” he asked.

Will swung his feet out of the hummock, at the same time turning his back on Ash, hiding his embarrassment. He wondered if he’d been talking in his sleep. He wondered how much the first mate had heard. Mostly, he wondered if Ash would tell any of it to Morgan.

The woman was smug enough as it was!

He got to his feet and nearly fell back down again. The ship was swaying fiercely, that as least had been no dream, and a sound like a hundred drums being played in dissonance echoed through the hull.

“Storm,” said Ash. “And a bad one at that. But we should be safe here.

Here was a tiny bay cut in the shore of an island so tiny that it barely looked big enough to hold the tiny village built where the sand gave way to trees. Ash had taken Will to Morgan’s cabin and through the aft windows he could see the fragile shacks being whipped by wind and rain.

“We’ve talked to the fishermen. The Eastern Jewel passed this way earlier today. They stopped to get some supplies,” Morgan said.

“If these people trade with Chen, how can you be sure to trust them?”

“I said they stop to get supplies, I didn’t say they paid for them,” she said. “Took some people too, apparently you and Jack killed a few sailors when you were captured. Chen needed replacements.”

“And they didn’t do anything?”

Morgan gave him a stern look and pointed out the window at the shacks. “How long do you think those would last if Chen aimed his cannons at them? These people are survivors. They do what must be done.”

Will lowered his eyes. “Did they say anything about Elizabeth?”

“They said that when they were loading things into the hold, they saw a white woman in one of the cells of the brig. There was a man in the other.” She smiled briefly. “It seems he spent some time speaking quite loudly at them in a language they did not understand, while making faces and strange gestures.”

“That certainly sounds like Jack. And the woman can only be Elizabeth. They’re still alive.”

She nodded. “For now. From the direction the fishermen said his ship took, Chen has return to his palace. It’s in a nearby island and it’s a true fortress: the walls are thick, and there’s only one side of the island that isn’t a sheer cliff. We’ll never be able to walk in there unnoticed.”

“Then, how are we going to rescue Elizabeth,” Will asked.

“We’re going to announce our presence loud and clear.” She smiled. “Chen fortress may not have any weak spots, but Chen does. At least one, and that one will be more than enough.”

She turned to the first mate. “Ash, go get the pagoda from the hold.”

Ash looked at her, startled. “Are you sure?”

She nodded as she opened a drawer in a console and took out two objects wrapped in thick fabric. “Nothing else will do, and tell the men to start working on the storm damages.”

Ash left. Will held the package Morgan was handing out to him and started unwrapping it. “The boat suffered damages in the storm?”

She gave him her most puckish smile. “It will have when the men are done with it.”

Later, they were both sitting on the head of the prow figure, each leaning against a massive wooden horn. Morgan had her eyes closed, feeling the wind that made her hair dance about her face. Will looked away. In the distance, a line of golden-green light separated sea and sky, marking the night’s end.

“We’ll get her out safely,” Morgan said. “And Jack too.”

“I know. Jack has a way of surviving even things that…” He just shook his head. “And Elizabeth can be pretty tough too. Sometimes, I suspect she’s much tougher than me.”

“Oh, and that’d be a hard thing, would it?”

He laughed, but didn’t reply. She moved closer.

“You’re in love with her?”

“We were to be married, but decided to take one last trip with Jack before the wedding.”

“That was not what I asked.”

“Why would I marry someone I wasn’t in love with?”

“I don’t know. Why would you?”

Will stared at her eyes, trying to decide whether or not she was still making fun of him. Then he leaned in for a kiss. Just one kiss. To make sure.

She pulled back.

“Don’t get me wrong, Mr. Turner. I do find you attractive.” She stood, using one of the horns for support. “It’s just that, even though I may cheat at times, I’m not really a cheater.”

Will stood and started making his way back to the deck. “I wasn’t aware things between you and Jack had been that serious.”

She looked at him, puzzled. “Jack?”

“Wasn’t that what you were saying, that you wouldn’t cheat on Jack?”

“Jack?” She smiled. “Oh, I see… No, Jack is a whole different matter all together. Jack’s–“

“Captain Bonsaint!” Ash’s voice made them look towards the deck. The first mate was pointing towards the horizon where a rocky island could barely be seen in the dim light of the early dawn.

Morgan dropped from the Capricorn’s head onto the deck. Will grabbed one of her arms.

“Jack’s what?”

“Jack is a long long story. We’ll talk about it when we have them both safely on board, shall we?”

END CHAPTER 5
Ana

Thanatos
Edição Única

Postby Thanatos » 28 Sep 2006 22:23

Suponho que com a maratona das 50.000 palavras à porta tenhamos que esperar bastante pelo capítulo seis e sete. Pena, adoro/detesto cliffhangers :thumbsup:

anavicenteferreira
Edição Limitada

Postby anavicenteferreira » 28 Sep 2006 23:19

O NaNo é só em Novembro. Em Outubro vou estar a trabalhar no outline e na conclusão do primeiro esboço do meu primeiro guião. Queria ver se entretanto escrevia não só o capítulo 6, mas também o 7 e o 8 e concluir assim esta história.
De qualquer modo, eu sou sempre mais produtiva quando tenho várias tarefas diferentes entre mãos: se bloqueio numa pego noutra, simples.
As duas histórias que continuam esta é que vão ter de esperar por Dezembro.
E entre tanto a ver se recomeço a ler as histórias dos colegas foristas que já ando a ficar envergonhada por não retribuir o feedback. :smile:
Ana

anavicenteferreira
Edição Limitada

Postby anavicenteferreira » 01 Oct 2006 18:11

Title: The Black Fox – Chapter 6
Category: Pirates of the Caribbean
Characters: Will Turner, Jack Sparrow, Elizabeth Swan; Morgan Bonsaint (OFC), Chen (OMC), Ash (OMC), Theodore (OMC), various servants and guards (OC)
Brief Summary: Morgan arrives at Chen’s fortress

“Now, now, Captain Sparrow, it pains me to see that you insist on being uncooperative.” Chen picked a whimsically shaped cake miniature from a platter and started eating it almost daintily.

Jack spitted out some blood. “I was going to Macao to buy pearls, like I told you.” He tried to stand up, but his legs gave in. “It would seem you’d like me to say something else… Tell you what, you write it down, I’ll read it out and we can all go back to our business, no harm done. What say you?”

“I would say that my sources were wrong. I had understood that you were a self-preserving coward that would easily yield at the first sign of a threat.” Chen looked once more to the platter, but waved the servant away. “Maybe we should think of a different way to make you speak. Maybe seeing the lady in some pain will convince you to speak.”

“That would be the day, “Elizabeth said, straining the chain binding her to a ring on the wall, and trying to seem unaffected by the state Jack was in. “The only person Jack worries about is Jack.”

“We’ll see... We’ll see.” Chen started to give some orders in Chinese, but was interrupted by the entrance of his first mate.

“The Sea Goat is entering our harbour,” Theodore said.

Elizabeth saw Jack look up, startled. Chen and Theodore had apparently not noticed his reaction, but it was clear to her that Jack Sparrow had heard of the ship before.

Chen crossed his hands over the roundness of his belly. “I wonder what Morgan Bonsaint wants here?”

This time, Jack wasn’t able to restrain himself. “Bonsaint?!”

Chen watched him with interest. “You know Mademoiselle Bonsaint?”

Jack cleared his throat and wiped a trickle of blood from his mouth. “I’ve met her. Once. Or twice. Years ago. Hardly know her at all, really.” He paused, and his eyes lost focus for a moment. “Had no idea she was around here.”

And that last sentence was the only one Elizabeth believed. She wondered who Morgan Bonsaint was and why Jack Sparrow was so anxious to lead Chen to believe he had no connection to her whatsoever. The thought that she may be one of Jack’s old lovers crossed her mind. The sting in her bosom and the heat rising over her neck and face caught her by surprise.

Another man had meanwhile entered the lofty hall. He bowed to Chen, muttered some words and handed to him an object wrapped in thick fabric.

Chen unwrapped the object slowly. Elizabeth watched as a strange glow lit up his eyes and a predatory smile spread across his face. He turned to Theodore.

“The very talented Mademoiselle Bonsaint requires an audience, and has sent me this as a present.”

He lifted the object so they all could see it. Elizabeth thought she had never seen anything so beautiful: it was a gold pendant shaped like a small bird, a nightingale, perhaps. Even from a distance, she could appreciate how delicate its details were. The articulated wings of the golden bird fluttered and its emerald eyes glittered when Chen made it turn between his stout fingers.

“Magnificent. As all of her work is,” he said.

“She always refused to sell you any of her pieces,” Theodore said.

“And now, here she is, ready to give one to me. And, by coincidence, we have someone she knows with us.”

He looked at Jack who said. “Barely knows, barely know. Just a coincidence that she’s here, I’m sure.”

Chen looked at the nightingale, then again at Jack – who made, in Elizabeth’s opinion, a ridiculous attempt to look innocent – and finally at Theodore.

“Let her in. We’ll see what game Morgan Bonsaint is playing.”

A dark haired woman walked in. She wore an outdated yellow dress. “At least she can breathe in it,” Elizabeth thought. There were two men walking behind Morgan. One had a pipe that gave off a stench Elizabeth could smell from afar. The other man wore a bejewelled mask and carried a simple wooden chest. As they walked past her, it seemed to Elizabeth that the man had given her a quick nod.

Morgan stopped next to Jack. “Well, well. Jack Sparrow. A bit far from Port Royal, aren’t you? “

“You know this rat,” Chen said.

“Unfortunately, yes.” Morgan replied, waving off the whole matter with the shake of a hand.

“And what, may I ask, brings you to my humble home today, Mademoiselle Bonsaint?”

“Last night’s storm. The Sea Goat suffered some damages that I felt best to repair as soon as possible.” Morgan eyed Chen coldly. “And it’s Captain Bonsaint:”

She signalled to the man in the mask, who stepped forward and proffered the chest to Chen. Two of Chen’s servants brought forth a small table, and the masked man set the chest down on it and released the latch.

The chest fell apart, revealing what was inside: a magnificent pagoda made of silver and set out with gems. Chen gasped and got up from his seat. Elizabeth forced her attention back to Jack, who also seemed dazzled, but whose eyes kept shooting from the pagoda to the woman in the yellow dress as if he was trying to guess her next move.

Chen was walking around the pagoda, fawning over every perfect little tree, every delicate shingle, and every diminutive person. He bent over to look through one of the windows.

“It is furnished!” He turned to Morgan. “You are truly a master. Why you insist on sailing around, when every day is a risk to those precious hands is something I will never understand.”

Morgan didn’t reply. Chen looked at the man still standing by the chest. “This mask, also your work.” Morgan nodded and Chen asked the man, “Why are you wearing it?”

It was Morgan who replied, “Bill was in a fire. His face was badly burnt: he lost his lips and most of his tongue. He doesn’t speak and he’s certainly not something I want to be looking at the whole day long.”

Chen faced her. “How can a man have his tongue burnt in a fire?”

“He can when said fire is started in his mouth.” She laid a hand on the masked man’s shoulder. “Billy here was quite talkative, a trait his previous employers did not appreciate.”

“Interesting,” Chen said. “How was it done?”

“Pitch and black powder as I understand it,” Morgan said immediately. “Will you harbour us for the night, Chen?”

Chen carefully reassembled the chest and latched it. “For this, I’d harbour you for a year.”

He ordered his first mate to show Morgan and the two men to rooms within the fortress. As he was leaving the hall, a servant behind him, holding the chest with the pagoda, he signalled in Jack and Elizabeth’s direction and said, “Take them away; I’ve got something more important to take care of now.”

END OF CHAPTER 6
Ana

anavicenteferreira
Edição Limitada

Postby anavicenteferreira » 01 Oct 2006 22:00

Dois capítulos prontos no mesmo dia. :clap: Ando a portar-me bem. :hypocrite:

Title: The Black Fox – Chapter 7
Characters: Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, Elizabeth Swan; Morgan Bonsaint (OFC), Ash (OMC), Chen (OMC), guards and crewmen (OC)
Brief Summary: Morgan puts her plan in motion; Will and Elizabeth are confused about their feelings towards Morgan and Jack.

They had put them in the same cell and given her a basin with water and some rags, so she could take care of Jack’s wounds. She made a point of pressing the wet rag against every cut and bruise as hard as she could, but, apart from the occasional grunt, Jack barely took notice. He seemed lost in his thoughts.

“Who is she?” she finally asked.

Jack looked at her vaguely. “Who is who?”

“Morgan Bonsaint. The woman in the old yellow dress. The woman you couldn’t stop staring at.”

“Oh, her. She’s…” He waved a hand around in an uncertain way. “Boswell died, and then she disappeared. I had no idea she had come this far away from the Caribbean. I always thought… Don’t know what I thought, really… I was sort of busy with the whole Barbossa thing. Ten years. A long time, isn’t it?”

“You’re not making any sense. And you haven’t answered my question.”

“No, I haven’t, have I?”

He stared at the wall for a while, before asking. “That man in the mask… Did he seem familiar to you, at all? Because there certainly is something familiar about him… It’s right there and I can’t grasp it…Every time I think I have it: pouf! It’s gone again.”

“How should I know him? You’re the one who knows all about Morgan, you’re the one who should know her crew.”

“Morgan. With a crew… Well, she was always… But I never thought, you know? And calling herself Bonsaint! She’ll be furious at me… And she has the Sea Goat.”

Elizabeth threw the rag she was holding into the basin, spattering water all around. “Oh, for God’s sake! Will you complete a sentence and just tell me who the hell Morgan Bonsaint is?”

Jack stared at her for a beat and then said, “You didn’t say please.”

“Fine, don’t tell me. It’s not like I need to know the scabrous details of your past!”

She lay down in one of the straw mattresses and turned her back on him. On occasion she would risk a quick glance at him and every time Jack would be sitting on the other pallet, toying with his hair and staring at the ceiling, his brow furrowed. Eventually she drifted into sleep.

When she woke, night had fallen and Jack was still sitting in the same place, but now his attention seemed to be drawn by something at the end of the long stone corridor. The only light was a lantern lit right in front of their cell, plunging the rest of the corridor in even deeper shadow. Elizabeth got closer to the bars, she could now hear footsteps approaching, and she wasn’t surprised to see Morgan enter the circle of light, accompanied by the two men she had arrived with. She had a ring of keys in her hand.

“What happened to the guard?” Elizabeth asked.

“He’s indisposed,” replied the man with the pipe.

Morgan opened the door and Elizabeth exited to the corridor. Jack was standing a bit away, staring at Morgan as if she was a ghost. He approached the door gingerly.

“I know that look,” he said, raising his hands and creasing his face. “You are going to slap me, aren’t you?”

“No.”

With a relieved smile, Jack stepped out to the corridor. Morgan promptly punched him, making him fall back into the cell.

“You taught me better than that, Jack!” she said.

The masked man looked at Jack over her shoulder. “Nice punch.”

Elizabeth immediately recognized the voice. “Will?”

He took off the mask and smiled at her. She held his hand, not knowing what to say, not knowing what to do. She’d been mourning him, and now he was alive: only a day had passed between those two moments and still it felt like an eternity.

Suddenly, she realized he looked as embarrassed as she was. Suddenly, she was wondering why he hadn’t unmasked himself the second the cell door had been opened and taken her in his arms.

She eyed Morgan suspiciously. Will misread her look.

“Oh, where are my manners?” he said. “Elizabeth, this is Captain Morgan Bonsaint, she… Huh, and that’s Peter Ashby. They rescued me.”

“So, it’s Bonsaint now?” Jack was leaning against the cell door, rubbing his chin. “The name of Sparrow is not good enough for you anymore?”

“Sparrow?” Elizabeth and Will said almost in unison.

“You two are married?” Elizabeth asked.

“Married?” Morgan said. “To him? Heavens, no! Bonsaint is our mother’s name, Jack is my brother.”

“Her older brother, to be precise, “Jack said, “”which should grant me a bit more respect.”

Morgan raised her arm again, her hand balled into a fist, ready to strike, but a rather larger hand clamped itself around her wrist, startling them all. Chen was standing in the corridor, with Theodore, who was holding Morgan, and two men carrying pistols.

“What a lovely family reunion. And Mr. Turner is here too, alive and well. What a surprise you are,” Chen said. “If you could all get back into the cell, please. In case you are considering the odds of five against four, I must warn you there are several more of my armed guards on the stairway that is the only way out of here.”

He watched them walk slowly into the cell, and then stretched a hand. “The keys, please, Mademoiselle Bonsaint.”

Morgan tossed the keys to the floor. “It’s Captain Bonsaint.”

Theodore picked them up and locked the cell. Chen approached the bars, but not too much. “I’ll be back tomorrow, so we can resume the little chat we were having this afternoon, Captain Sparrow. And if you still refuse to tell me what I want to know, maybe your talented sister will.” He nodded to himself. “After all, this particular quest has always been a familiar affair, has it not?”

Morgan stared at Jack, while Chen and his men walked away, into the darkness. “What was he talking about?”

“Nothing!” Jack sat down on his pallet. “I must say your rescue attempt is going perfectly.”

Morgan smiled. “Yes it is, isn’t it?”

END OF CHAPTER 7
Ana

anavicenteferreira
Edição Limitada

Postby anavicenteferreira » 03 Oct 2006 18:19

Title: The Black Fox – Chapter 8
Characters: Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, Elizabeth Swan; Morgan Bonsaint (OFC), Ash (OMC), crewmen (OC)
Brief Summary: Morgan manages to take the Sea Goat away from chen's island in safety. Jack tells his sister why he is so anxious to get to Macao.

Morgan leaned against the bars of the cell and peered into the darkness at the end of the corridor. “Looks like they’re gone. Ash, give the men the signal.”

Ash took off his jacket and used it to block the narrow window for several times in a steady pattern. Jack got up from the pallet and stared first at the window and then at the lantern hanging in front of their cell. “Light signals. Smartish. But what can your men possibly do?”

Morgan smiled. “Wait for us in the right place.” She turned to Elizabeth. “I’m going to need your help. Gentlemen, if you could turn around, please. And you too, Jack.”

Elizabeth helped Morgan lift the stiff and ample skirt of her dress. Wrapped around her waist and hips was a rope ladder. Morgan smiled, “Dresses can be useful sometimes.” She took a small leather packet from the silk purse she had brought in with her, while Elizabeth freed her of the ladder.

“You can look now,” she said, smoothing the crease out of her skirt.

Jack stared at the ladder. “I really shouldn’t ask...”

“Then don’t ask.” She tossed him the leather package. “Still know how to use these?”

He picked a delicate metal hook from the packet and inserted it in the lock. There was a sharp metallic sound and Jack pushed the door open. Ash had meanwhile gathered the rope ladder and the five of them followed Morgan down the stone corridor, in the opposite direction of that which Chen and his men had taken earlier.

The corridor curbed right and then came to a dead end, but on the stone wall there was a window, much larger than the ones in the cells and with no bars. Elizabeth looked down: the window opened onto a sheer cliff face and, on the sea below, she could see a weak light.

Ash had attached the end of the rope ladder to the open door of the last cell. He gave it a good tug and then tossed the other end out the window. The light below them winked off and on three times.

“It’s practically long enough,” Ash said.

“Practically long enough?” said Jack. “That’s good, is it?”

Morgan pressed her face against his. “Maybe you should stay here and find out if what Chen has in mind for you is better.”

Jack backed away towards the window. He glanced down, into the darkness. “What about the surf?”

“There are tidal caves all through the island. There’s a large one below us, the sea just goes right into it.”

“Why don’t you go first then?”

Morgan pointed at the dress. “I’ll have to go down slower than the rest of you. Just go, Jack, before Chen and his men show up. Or before I decide you don’t need the ladder at all.”

Jack climbed over the window and started the descent. “Mother would be so disappointed at you.”

“She already is.”

He looked at her over the sill. “Mother is dead, you do know that?”

“I do, I do. She on the other hand has a whole different view on the matter.”

Ash and Will laughed. Elizabeth stared at Will and he looked embarrassed. He stretched his hand to her. “Come, I’ll help you.”

“I’ll do fine on my own, thank you.” She turned her back on him and started climbing down after Jack. She had no idea why she had just snapped at Will like that, maybe because he seemed different, or maybe because she felt different.

When she got down to the bottom of the ladder, she felt two pairs of hands helping her down onto a small boat. Ash came down right after her, then Will and finally Morgan, who – despite the dress – dropped onto the boat with such grace that she barely made it rock. Elizabeth sat down and sulked. The worst part of it was she was beginning to like the woman.

“Back to The Sea Goat, quickly. I want to be well out of the range of the fortress’s cannons before they discover our escape,” said Morgan. “Did they suspect when you left the harbour.”

The sailor who had been waiting for them shook his head. “They were coming for us when we and left the harbour. I reckon they thought we knew what had happen to you and we was fleeing.”

Soon they were climbing aboard Morgan’s ship. This time, Elizabeth allowed Will to help her up. He led her and Jack to the bridge, while Morgan and Ash ran around, shouting orders.

The first cannon shot hit the water a bit to the right of the ship.
“Put out those lanterns Mr. Swanson, and pray the clouds cover the moon,” Morgan yelled. Another shot raised a plume of water a bit further from the ship this time. “Mr. Thatcher, are they following?”

“No Captain, the Eastern Star is still on the harbour.”

“Good, we’ll soon be out of range. Let’s head for Singapore. Even Chen isn’t so stupid as to try and get us in Sao Feng’s territory.”

Jack grabbed her arm. “Macao, not Singapore. We need to go to Macao.”

Morgan sneered. “Why would I go to Macao?”

“Because you may call yourself Bonsaint all you want, but you are still a Sparrow, little sister.” He smiled. “The Dragon is in Macao.”

END OF THE BLACK FOX

TO BE CONTINUED IN: The Black Dragon
Ana

Thanatos
Edição Única

Postby Thanatos » 04 Oct 2006 08:53

Está demais! :biggrin: E meter Macau ao barulho é um golpe de mestra. Mal posso esperar pela continuação.

Please, pretty please with sugar on top, don't take too long my dear.

Return to “anavicenteferreira”